Our Family Law Services
At Rowe Law Firm, we understand that no two families look alike. We tailor our approach in each case we handle to ensure that we understand and meet our clients’ needs, no matter what family law issue they are facing.
If you want to find out how we can help you with your family legal matter, please complete our online contact form and someone from our office will contact you.
Our Family Law Services
If you are facing a family law issue, we invite you to contact us to see how we can help. We represent clients in the following matters:
- Divorce: Ending a marriage can be a difficult process to go through, but we are here to help you through each step.
- Property division: The division of marital property can be a challenging part of a divorce. We will ensure that all your financial considerations are taken into account through this process.
- Child custody/parenting plans: When parents divorce, they must determine a parenting plan to address the best interests of the child or children involved.
- Alimony/spousal support: Alimony is not a part of every divorce. There are two types of alimony: temporary (alimony pendent lite) and permanent. Alimony can be modified if the financial circumstances of either party change significantly in the future.
- Child support: The goal of child support is to ensure that children’s financial needs are met after their parents separate or divorce.
- Adopting a child: Adding a child to a family is a joyous occasion. We understand the adoption process and can help you no matter what type of adoption you are seeking.
- Other areas: We assist individuals and families in paternity matters, domestic violence situations as a part of divorce and other areas of family law.
What Is Mediation?
Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution that allows parties to settle conflicts in a collaborative, cooperative manner.
In mediation, parties sit down with a neutral mediator who helps them come to an agreement on a particular issue. Mediation tends to be faster and more cost-effective than traditional divorce litigation.
Litigation isn’t the only option. Mediation can be used to settle a wide variety of family legal matters:
- Community property division
- Child custody
- Alimony/spousal support
- Child support
Questions? Contact Us Today.
If you are interested in speaking to one of our family law attorneys, please call our Baton Rouge office at 225-250-1161.