Leonard A. Penzo
Leonard Penzo focuses his practice on defense of personal injury claims. He is experienced in disputes involving motor vehicle liability, uninsured motorist claims, slip-and-fall accidents, and other forms of premises liability.
Mr. Penzo was born in New Orleans. At the age of 10, his family relocated to Ravenna, Italy. Mr. Penzo received his high school education at Aiglon College in Switzerland. After graduating, he attended Tulane University receiving a bachelor's degree in Psychology and History. He received his legal education from Louisiana State University's Paul M. Hebert School of Law.
Mr. Penzo is fluent in Italian and Spanish. He has represented Spanish speaking clients in personal injury disputes, family law matters, criminal matters, and immigration matters and is able to write legal documents in Spanish.
While attending Tulane University, Mr. Penzo enlisted in the United States Marine Corps and was deployed to Iraq on two separate occasions, in 2005 and 2008. During his first deployment, Mr. Penzo was awarded a combat action ribbon and a Purple Heart for injuries received in combat.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury 90%
- Criminal 10%
- Louisiana, 2015
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Psychology
- Major: History
- Aiglon College Boarding School, Chesiers-Villars
Honors and Awards
- Purple Heart
- Iraq Campaign Medal
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Sea Service Department Ribbon
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Select Reserve Marine Corps Medal
- Combat Action Ribbon
Past Employment Positions
- United States Marine Corps, Sergeant of Marines, 2001 to 2008