Protecting Your Property Interests In The Face Of Challenges
Buying or selling a piece of property often requires a large amount of time and money. That investment should be protected as much as possible. Sometimes, difficulties will arise in a real estate transaction, at the initial purchase or sometime later in the life of the property. These problems usually require some type of litigation to be resolved. The Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Rowe Law Firm can assist you in protecting your investment through aggressive representation for any of your real estate disputes.
Strong Representation At A Reasonable Cost
When litigation is necessary, we offer an efficient, cost-effective approach. Our real estate litigation attorneys are excellent at assessing the financial aspect of a particular case and understand that there is much at stake. We represent clients in commercial and residential real estate disputes regarding:
- Property and construction defects
- Contract disputes
- Easements and boundary disputes
- Zoning and land use litigation
- Redhibition matters (Redhibition is the return of property due to a defective condition. The return must be made within one year of discovery of the defect and the defect must be so significant that it diminishes the value of the property so that it cannot be used for its intended purpose.)
- Fraud, misrepresentations, and failure to disclose
- RESPA issues
- Homeowners association issues
In addition, our lawyers represent people in actions against real estate agents and brokers. Agents are responsible for their disclosures if it is material to the transaction. Issues such as termites, foundation problems, and a property's propensity for flooding must be filled out on the disclosure form. If an agent omits a material condition, our firm can represent you in bringing a civil suit against the agent.
In A Real Estate Dispute? Know Your Rights.
If you are involved in a real estate dispute, it is important to act quickly. For example, according to the Home Warranty Act, you only have one year after discovering a construction defect to sue the contractor. Time is of the essence, so do not delay. Contact our office by phone at 225-501-1161 or toll free at 800-724-1992 to arrange for your confidential consultation and see how we can help you.